How to Manage Stress, Mindfully
How to feel energized instead of exhausted
The demands of nursing are great on your body, mind, and spirit. If you feel like your work takes a lot out of you, no wonder!
You are not alone. the American Nurses Association reports that 51% of nurses feel overwhelmed, and 48% are anxious, unable to relax, or irritable.1 JAMA reports that 21% of healthcare workers have considered leaving the workforce and 30% considered reducing hours because of Covid-19 stress.2
Practicing effective stress management can make the difference between feeling exhausted and energized.
How to find time for stress management
You are already busy, so how can you find time for stress management?
If you really want to release stress and restore your energy, you have to successfully implement stress management. It’s just like you tell your patients – knowing what to do is one thing.
The hard part is finding a way to successfully do what you need to take care of yourself. No worries. Managing Stress, Mindfully will teach you how to find time and how to use that time to get the best outcomes.
Here’s the secret to restoring your energy:
Use timely, frequent, mindful and meaningful stress management interventions ideally matched to the situation you find yourself in. That takes assessment, planning, and then evaluating what works.
Here’s the secret to finding time:
With your busy life, you have assess, plan, and do stress management quickly, just as you do when you are caring for your patients. You’ll learn how in Managing Stress, Mindfully, from a nurse who knows what’s realistic.
The vital skills you need are:
(1) How to find time, (2) How to expertly choose the right stress intervention, and (3) How to apply stress management interventions to get the maximum outcome
Managing Stress, Mindfully will give you these skills, and lots of stress management interventions too!
Managing stress, Mindfully reveals the 5 secrets of exceptional stress management, and shows you how to implement them. Each of these secrets will advance your ability to expertly find time, choose and use stress solutions with maximum outcomes.
Nurses, manage YOUR stress, mindfully!
- Why? So you can
- Enjoy your life
- Weather the demands of the current healthcare environment
- Be able to adequately care for patients
- Feel energized instead of exhausted!
- “I learned actual concrete steps for well-being.”
- “I gained more focus on self, mindfulness, and presence.”
- “Great ideas to boost my stress management practices during this crisis.”
- “Lots of take-a-ways.”
- “When I do more stress management, I have more energy.”
Share this program with your colleagues!
The promise of Managing Stress, Mindfully: Advanced Stress Management for Nurses is to show you how you can expertly find time, choose and use stress solutions with maximum outcomes. The course content will build upon your existing stress management expertise emphasizing self-care and also including clinical applications for your family, your colleagues, and your patients.
There are five secrets to expertly finding time, choosing and using stress solutions with maximum benefit. Each of these secrets is comprehensively presented in a video lecture illustrated with anecdotes and exemplars from other nurses, followed by a video workshop that moves directly into how you can apply what you have learned. Take-aways include two eBooks. Action steps, reflective questions, and engagement opportunities with other attendees and with your program leader facilitate your experience of integrating what you have learned.
Enroll in Managing Stress, Mindfully to learn
How to find time for stress reduction
- After diving deep into four creative tactics, find time for stress management in your busy day
- Reduce stress by making everyday activities mindful, at work and at home
- Create a plan for how you will manage stress with frequent stress interventions throughout your busy day
How to expertly choose the ideal stress management intervention
- Quickly yet mindfully assess your stress level.
- In seconds, consciously pick & apply the ideal stress solution to reduce your level of stress.
- From a vast list of stress reduction tools and stress management strategies, select your favorites to apply at work and beyond.
- From six evidence based categories, choose resilience habits that help you bounce back from stress.
How to use stress solutions with maximum benefit
- Access the power of intention, mindfulness, and motivation to effectively practice stress management throughout your day.
- Quietly utilize stress management interventions you can do with no-one else realizing
- Enhance your ability to be present by keeping your whole self strong and centered with resiliency practices experienced during the video lessons.
- Make the secrets you learn become habits for life with expert health behavior change techniques
- Do no harm with need to know information about providing stress management interventions within a nursing care plan
- Consider how stress solutions can help you with patient care
- Apply the concept of emotional contagion by rapidly reducing the stress of those around you.
Especially for nurse leaders:
- Use tips from experts to
- Create an environment in which people look out for each other
- Build a resilient work team
About your program leader, Gale Lyman
Gale Lyman, RN, BSN, HNB-BC is a board certified holistic nurse, active with the American Holistic Nurses Association, and a member of many nursing and caregiver organizations. In 2000 she founded TLC (The Lyman Center) which evolved into an online source of caregiving wisdom, creative solutions, and stress relief tools. Prior to TLC, Gale started and managed the C.A.R.E. health and wellness program serving 8000 employees of a national case management company, the vast majority of who were nurses and physicians. A 2005 grad of the Integrated Healing Arts Program, she continues to serve BirchTree as a faculty advisor for holistic nurses. Gale is a passionate supporter of caregivers and seeks to be an inspiration for the well-being and transpersonal relationships that are possible when a caregiver is centered and relaxed. Learn more and find lots of stress solutions at www.LymanCenter.com.
What you get when you enroll in
Managing Stress, Mindfully: Advanced stress management for Nurses
This comprehensive, expert level program includes
- 12 video lessons you watch at your convenience during your 2 months of program access. Each video lesson is less than 1 hour. Total viewing time: 8 hours, 22 minutes
- eBook: Five Secrets to Expert Stress Management, for Nurses to download or print (107 color pages)
- TLC’s report: Stress Solutions: 100+ Tips for Nurses by nurses and other experts to download or print (24 full-sized color pages)
- A one-on-one telephone or zoom appointment with your program leader to discuss program content and its application to your life, and to cultivate a professional relationship with your program leader Gale Lyman
- Question and answer access to your program leader throughout the program, via email
- Two worksheets that organize your personal stress management plan and consolidate the actions you’ll want to take going forward
- Engagement with other attendees, at your discretion, via an easy to use comments section for each lesson
- Reflective questions, discussion questions, and action steps designed to make what you are learning meaningful to your life
- Guided centering exercises to begin each lesson
- A vast list of stress management interventions
- Inspirational quotes from successful nurses
- Tips for nurse leaders
- An extensive list of resources and references
- Two full months to access program materials online, at your convenience
- Certificate of achievement upon completion of both the program and your program evaluation
Enrollment begins 08/03/2021
Enrollment ends 09/30/2021
Course access begins 10/01/2021
Course access ends 11/30/2021
You’ll have 2 full months to access program materials on-line at your convenience. You may choose to view the video lessons according to any schedule you like. Program leader Gale Lyman recommends a five week schedule, less than 2 hours a week, allowing you to experience the new knowledge you gain from each of the five secrets to expert stress management.
- 5 weeks, less than 2 hours each week – recommended
- Week One: lessons 1-3, 97 minutes
- Week Two: lessons 4-5, 75 minutes
- Week Three: lessons 6-7, 102 minutes
- Week 4: lessons 8-9, 112 minutes
- Week 5: lessons 10-12, 116 minutes
- OR, consider this two day schedule:
- Day 1: lessons 1-7, 274 minutes, 4 hours, 34 minutes
- Day 2: lessons 8-12, 228 minutes, 3 hours, 48 minutes
- OR, less than 2 hours a day for 5 days:
- Day One: lessons 1-3, 97 minutes
- Day Two: lessons 4-5, 75 minutes
- Day Three: lessons 6-7, 102 minutes
- Day 4: lessons 8-9, 112 minutes
- Day 5: lessons 10-12, 116 minutes
Nurses, take the next step
to reduce stress and protect your energy
- Sorry! Enrollment in this course closed on 09/30/2021. If you’d like to receive notice when this course is offered again, please email us at [email protected].
Join the waiting list
If enrollment has ended for this cohort of Managing Stress, Mindfully, you are invited to join the mailing list. We’ll notify you when a new cohort is forming.
Copyright 2020 by Gale Lyman and The Lyman Center. All rights reserved.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I purchase/enroll in Managing Stress, Mindfully?
- Answer: Scroll up a bit to find the golden “ENROLL” banner, or click on this link: Enroll | TLC, The Lyman Center for Caregivers
- How do I access Managing Stress, Mindfully after I have purchased it?
- Answer: Simply visit www.LymanCenter.com, choose “Sign In” from the menu, and use the email address and password you chose during enrollment. Also, you’ll receive an email receipt and links to your program.
- How do I contact Customer Service?
- Answer: We’re happy to help. Click here to email us directly at [email protected]